AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 19 19:52:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 08:33:41PM +0200, geerten wrote:

> If you could send me
> the sym53c8xx_2 file I'll try to throw together a floppy and see what gives..

For that kernel you are trying to boot?  I do not have it; but it
most likely on your CDs.  If not somewhere else then in kernel
rpm package and you can extract it from there.  It is even possible
that it is in that ramdisk image you are trying to use. I did not
look.

> Unfortunately I don't have a working Linux at the moment,

If you can boot into a ramdisk, even with 'no-probe', then you
do.  A somewhat spartan environment but it should be good enough.
It is more capable than you likely expect.  Try booting 'rescue'.

  Michal