installation problems - Help will be appreciated

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Wed Sep 29 12:40:52 UTC 2004

Hello,
   Iam trying to install the Fedora 2 OS on a
   AlphaServer 1200 5/533 4MB machine.
   I did the following:

   Got the following files from
    ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/2/iso/*

   The files are:
   AC-0.9-disc1.iso
   AC-0.9-disc3.iso
   AC-0.9-disc5.iso
   AC-0.9-disc2.iso
   AC-0.9-disc4.iso
   README
   MD5SUMS

   Got the files to a linux machine(intel pc platform)
   Used the 2 commands to create the CD. I just created only one
   CD(AC-0.9-disc1.iso) for testing.

   1. mkisofs -o disc1.iso -r -V disc1 AC-0.9-disc1.iso
   2. used xcdroast command on linux to write to CD

  In SRM prompt I used the following command to boot:

  Prompt>>boot dka500 -fi "kernels/generic.gz" -fl "root=/dev/scd0"

  Then I get the following error:

"  dka500.5.0.1.1 is not a valid boot block  "

 Any help is very much appreciated.

   With regards,
    Kumar