MILO and Adaptec AHA2940AU

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Tue Aug 30 05:18:34 UTC 2005

Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:

> Hello Davis,
>
>> Beg, borrow, or steal a small SCSI-II drive and connect it to the
>> system's built in SCSI controler. MILO should work with that. All you
>> want is enough space to boot from. You can then pretty much ignore
>> this drive after the system is booting.
>

> Indeed, that would work. I thought of that, but was reluctant to try
> it since the only SCSI-2 drive I have is noisy as heck. But I guess
> it's better than nothing, and I can always put the machine in a closet
> somewhere so the noise is kept down.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. (and for not giving me a cooking recipe)
>
> J-S

You could possiblly boot off a SCSI CDROM.

--
With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.