kernel 2.6.14-1.1638_FC5axp

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu Dec 1 08:27:13 UTC 2005

Hi Sergey!

On 12/01/2005 09:21 AM, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

>>> Your kernel seems to be very short (1.9Mb) and compains during
>>> install "cpio: error something...."
>>

>> Duh!? Arg... Seems the upload was corrupted. I uploaded it again.
>>
>> Sorry.
>
> Booted on PWS 600au.

Fine.

 > It seems you forgot to apply my kernel "audit"
> patches (the audit package stoped working).

OK. Need to investigate.

> There were complains by udev_start, but it might be with 2.6.12 kernel too.

Which version of udev? I have udev-075-4 on the AS1000A and - AFAIK -
there were no complains...

> Were you trying to build new modular xorg package? I built it, but it
> hangs my machine with radeon card (the 6.8.2 package works just fine). :(

Hm. I also built 'em, but I never really tried starting X on that
machine. :-) It's also only some S3 graphics...

BUT, I have a Radeon card in my Intel-Workstation and encountered
problems with starting X (sometimes...). So it might be a Radeon - xorg
- Bug. Might also be possible that it's the kernel together with xorg
and radeon or whatever... :-)

Best,
  Oliver