164SX SCSI controllers, and the list quietness...

jon_on_i86 thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Jan 30 01:16:37 UTC 2005

Dear Nick, & list:

I've tried the 39160 on 2 PWS machines, an early model and a GL (w/USB
ports). SRM recognized "something" in the slot, but did not "see"  the
drives attached to it.  Interestingly,  AlphaBios did see the card and
the drives.  I'm sure I could boot off it in AlphaBios, maybe there's a
way to use LILO in a tiny little FAT partition to start things off?

Of course, once you are up and running, both Linux and Tru64 will
recognise the 39160.

jn

jon_on_i86 <thursday at allidaho.com>