Shared library loading problems

Dave Mason dmason at sarg.ryerson.ca
Thu Jun 9 12:26:34 UTC 2005

> Dave Mason wrote:
>> A few of the daemons didn't start up.

> Do you have "prelink" package installed? If you are - remove it and
> reinstall glibc.

Nope... turns out that it's a selinux problem.  I thought I said on
the install that I just wanted it to warn, but it got fully turned on,
with multiple resulting problems.  I turned it off in
/etc/selinux/config and all is good... so far.  There is apparently a
command ('restorecon' I think) which will fix up the permissions, but
I couldn't immediately figure out what I had to say.  Once I get
everything else working I'll go back and explore selinux a bit more.

(BTW, I couldn't find anything called prelink on any of the CDs)

Thanks  ../Dave