Help needed for install on 164SX

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Fri Jun 10 09:44:56 UTC 2005

Bojan ÿffff8aernek wrote:

>Yes, I'd like more info on the question, too: I used
>to boot my linux from MILO until recently, and now,
>switching to SRM and aboot, am at a loss how,
>precisely, is one to do a correct hdd partition scheme
>during the installation. A tutorial or the like,
>anyone? Pretty please?
>
>Bojan.

It should be no problem at all.
I do it manually from console during installation by using fdisk. It
allows to specify where the first partition should be start from (1
cylinder is enough for aboot). I created separate partition (/boot) to
hold boot images and formated it as ext2.
If using DiskDruid - create a small dummy partion at the begining of the
disk, when create all other partions. After that - delete the dummy
partion. :)

Partitioning should be bsd-style, but without creating 'c' partition
that holds the whole disk - it should be removed if one exists.

For MILO it should be no matter what type of partitioning to use.

Hope this helps,

--
Sergey Tikhonov
Solvo Ltd.