Help needed for install on 164SX

Bojan ÿffff8aernek sinergitized at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 09:53:54 UTC 2005

Okay, if I understand correctly, first wipe out the
disk. I'm going to use /dev/hda as an example.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512k count=10

Then, you create the bsd partition in fdisk

# fdisk /dev/hda

We want to create a bsd disklabel, so we say 'b'
fdisk makes the c partition through the entire disk,
so we say

where d is delete and c is the partition we want to
delete.

Okay, next would seem to be to create a partition. We
do a
2
<leave default>

n is new, a is the partition, 2 is the first block and
we could just press enter to have the default size.
okay. we write our partition table and reboot. We're
in disk druid now. So we convert the type of this
partition to ext3 and set the mount point to '/'

Any errors with this scheme? By the way, my S3 ViRGE
makes alphacore 1.0 install just die with garbled
screen, so I have to do with the text one. I could get
either a Matrox G200, or an ATi Rage 128. Which will
work better on an alpha?

Thanks,
Bojan.