AC 1.o install questions/help

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 13 19:37:19 UTC 2005

Had 7.2 on a 164LX box. SRM, 4 scsi drives, ATI radeon 7500, 7.2 worked
fine.
Oh, yeah it is a DCG box - 8-)
Been so long since I installed RH, I of course fumble a little at first,
like forgetting to leave space for the boot sectors. but that is not the
problem.

Attempting to install AC 1.0, I have this nagging little problem -
I can not seem to get the /usr partition formatted on any drive.
Tried different drives for the /usr partition - all in the box and working,
no swapping in new hardware, all hardware known good working with
7.2

Druid stops somewhere between 16 and 63 percent complete.
how do I know that? using the non-graphics kernel, I get that
percentage displayed on the screen. Sometimes it hangs at 16, some
at 63. For HOURS.

Drives are fine, I can reinstall 7.2, chkdsk does fine, al lthe cards i
nthe box
are supported.

Any hints or work around suggestions appreciated!!
bob

--
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, live like
it is your last day.