Unknown Alpha box

Jerl Simpson jerl.simpso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:31:24 UTC 2005

I am wondering if someone can help me out a bit.
I have recently had an alpha box handed down to me for installation of
Linux.  The thing is the guy that gave it to me doesn't remember which
alpha it is, and there are no markings to indicate anything on it.
Everything I do leads to a dead end because it does not have the SRM
console.  And I can't find out to get the SRM console on.
Is there anything I can do, or look for to determine what this is?

I can gather some information from what appears to be the BIOS.

ProcessorID 21164
Processor Revision 5.0
System Revision 0x1
Speed 500MHz
Alpha Firmware 4.48

Everything looks like it's geared to Windows NT.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jerl