AlphaCore 1.0 torrent/mirror available

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at pobox.com
Tue May 10 16:50:30 UTC 2005

boberz at thewatch.org wrote:
> 350K to Kansas from the UK is pretty nice :)
>
> I notice that there aren't any official US mirrors. Is there a particular reason
> for that? Maybe some kind of DMCA or licensing issue? If there are no reasons
> other than "no one has offered", I'll offer up some space as both an ISO and
> yum mirror.
>
> My server sits up at my main NOC in Wichita, KS on a 45mbps Internet circuit. I
> run a smallish ISP here in Kansas - Terra World, Inc.
> (http://home.terraworld.net). I would note that this mirror would /not/ be
> officially sponsered by Terra World, but rather by my side buisness (which the
> server is for) http://www.mygamehost.com.
>
> Anywho, enough rambling. How's an 'official' US mirror sound?

IMO as long as the md5sums match, who cares if the mirror is official?  :)

Also, I would request that mirrors (or anyone else!) also run a
btdownloadheadless.py or btlaunchmany.py process in the background, to
seed the AlphaCore torrent.  Make the downloads screaming fast, whether
you're in the US or UK or anywhere else...

	Jeff