AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Wed May 11 12:22:42 UTC 2005

Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

>On Wed, 11 May 2005, Balint Cristian wrote:
>

>>>Any advice as to how I proceed with installation and avoid repartitioning
>>>the second disk?
>>>

>>As quick hack, try unplug physicaly dka down from SCSI bus !
>>

>Just tried that.  It still claims it cannot "read" the disk.  Sergey
>recommended that I boot in rescue mode and try to mount it manually.  This
>works fine, as I expected.
>
>Why is the installer not happy with the disk?

I am not sure. I didn't have problem of installing AC (but it was my
internal iso set) on the second disk, with first disk having
OpenVMS installed.
I would check a boot log to see were the partitions of the second disk
recognized at boot time. It should happen right after the scsi driver is
loaded. Do you have access at shell prompt at this time? If you have -
would you run fdisk in it and see if it can find anything unusual with
your partition table.

Thanks,

--
---