New AC2 release candidate - 5305

Jim McCarthy jkmccarthy at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 25 23:18:23 UTC 2005

Gary --

I have RH7.2 on a DEC alpha PWS 500au with a Matrox Millennium II
(DEC PBXGI-AC) into which I've tried adding (unsuccessfully)-: several
other Millennium II PCI video boards as second head for dual-head
display.  The SRM boot test complains of "unsupported card in slot ##"
no matter what slot I try ... which is most perplexing, since it has
no trouble recognizing the original Millenium II board (maybe DEC
added some OEM flag that SRM needs ?).  Elsewhere I've read that SRM
in the PWS is **especially** picky on this score ... guess my machine
really needs a second honest-to-goodness PBXGI-AC (4D40T) board ??

Anyway, having said that, I've now got several Matrox Millenium II
PCI boards (that are well-supported in linux under XFree86 / X.org),
if Gary [or anyone] wants to try them in their alpha machines (which
may? be less picky than my PWS 500au).  Feel free to contact me off-
list if you're interested in trying one (or two) of these boards.

    -- Jim McCarthy
       jkmccarthy(@)pacbell(.)net