AlphaServer 400 vs. Alpha Core 1.0

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Thu Oct 27 12:02:19 UTC 2005

Marek wrote:

> Hi,
> Finally I' ve got the problem you mention below. It looks like NCR810
> is new problem.
> During text installation I see for while window like loading sym5...,
> then ask me for source
> of installation, I enter CDROM, and then I see window with Choose
> driver ..., and any driver
> doesn't work.
> Thank you for any idea

Well. One hint would be to try boot into the rescue mode using AC1
installation CD or
new AC2 test boot disk (it would be very helpfull if your do it and we
could try to resolve the issue).
Try to switch consoles (Alt-Fx) to see what kernel says during scsi
driver load attempt.
Try to find out PCI IDs for scsi controller. My AS200/233 has following:
Class 0100: 1000:0001 (rev 02)
Scsi storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c810 (rev 02)
I am not sure how different NCRs on AS400 and AS200. :(

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov
Solvo Ltd.