ISA SCSI controller on Alpha

Gero Kuhlmann gero at gkminix.han.de
Sun Oct 30 21:12:47 UTC 2005

Hello,

for years (almost some decades ;-)) my trusty AxpPCI is working perfectly
stable, but for adding a ZIP drive I'm now running out of available SCSI
ID's. Since all PCI slots are used as well, and a ZIP drive doesn't need a
fast connection, does anyone know what type of ISA SCSI card does work in
an Alpha environment? I've tried an AHA-1510, but the aha152x driver gives
me a kernel panic ("insw: memory not short aligned"). As I've read in some
old archives of this AXP mailing list, the aha152x driver has never been
ported to Alpha. But how about a AHA-1542 card? Does that work in an
Alpha? They should be quite cheap on eBay...

Thanks in advance for any help.

gero.

--
Gero Kuhlmann                                 Groote Gracht 33
gero at gkminix.han.de                           26723 Emden