ISA SCSI controller on Alpha

Jon_norstog AKA "Thursday" thursday at allidaho.com
Mon Oct 31 03:55:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 22:12 +0100, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for years (almost some decades ;-)) my trusty AxpPCI is working perfectly
> stable, but for adding a ZIP drive I'm now running out of available SCSI
> ID's. Since all PCI slots are used as well, and a ZIP drive doesn't need a
> fast connection, does anyone know what type of ISA SCSI card does work in
> an Alpha environment?

Dear Gero, & list:

Another approach might be to get a dual channel PCI SCSI card, like the
Adaptec AHA 3940. Dual channel gives you an extra 15 devices, some of
which can be external if you wish. It might be better supported than an
ISA card.

MY first PWS came with a SCSI zip drive, which came in pretty handy.  I
could download big files on my fast connection at work, bag them up on a
zip disk and take them home.

good luck

jn