ISA SCSI controller on Alpha

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Oct 31 15:43:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 08:55:16PM -0700, Jon_norstog AKA Thursday wrote:

> Another approach might be to get a dual channel PCI SCSI card, like the
> Adaptec AHA 3940. Dual channel gives you an extra 15 devices, some of
> which can be external if you wish. It might be better supported than an
> ISA card.

I'd suggest something a bit more modest with a lot more chance of working
with SRM, say, the KZPCM (dual NCR 875 plus a TULIP NIC).

I'd recommend staying away from any ISA card, let alone ISA SCSI
controllers, though some soundcards may work OK.

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com