Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!

A. Devine domokun at eircom.net
Mon Sep 19 23:39:39 UTC 2005

Sorry to dig up an ancient post, but Im wondering if anyone can advise, Im
have the similar problems as the OP (Radeons and a UP2000). I got a very
nice Hercules Radeon 9000 PCI card after months of searching Ebay.
Unfortunately I didnt see this thread and it doesnt work as well as hoped.
With only the Radeon 9000 in I get no Blue SRM screen at all. So I tried
Jays suggestion:

With the Radeon on the second PCI bus and a Voodoo3 on the main I can get
AlphaCore booting but then it hangs on "Initialising Hardware" (right after
the prompt to goto "Interactive" boot). At the very start of the process
there are several prompts relating to problems addressing memory for a PCI
device (presumably the Radeon).

So Im stuck on the hang at "Initialising Hardware".. so close. Any ideas?
If its truely a lost cause I would be interested in swapping this Radeon for
the fastest Radeon possible in a UP2000 (Radeon 7000/7500?). It should work
on other Alpha boards.. I vaguely remember having a 9000 working in a
Ruffian board for instance(but the Voodoo does not!).

Alan