Powerup Problem on AS2000

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri Sep 23 07:44:06 UTC 2005

[ ... ]
> Have you already carried an AS2000 around? alone ???

AS1000A, AS4100, AS2000, DS10, DS20e, RA3000... Everthing carried around
allready. :-) However... Yes, this stuff is heavy...

> But i tried it on 3 or 4 different outlets on the attic.
> Maybe it needs 2 different phases on the power supplies, but even when i
> remove one completely, it doesnt power up.

Never heared about that. I had some Digital/Compaq Alphas allready with
two power supplies, but I never had the problem that I had to connect
'em to different phases... Even the IBM machines don't need that. :-)

> Maybe this strange "everything closed" switch mechanics has some problem, so
> i wanted to know where it is to check....

Within my AS1000A, I have a switch under the top cover - in the middle.

Some docs - if you havn't 'em allredy:
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/Alpha/systems/as2000/docs/

Best,
  Oliver