CentOS on wildfire

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Sun Aug 13 10:32:04 UTC 2006

> Actualluy i wouldn't try too hard as i've EOL'ed the CentOS-4/axp
> myself and i don't know if anyone is even going to continue mainatining
> it. If not, it's end of story in few weeks (August 2006).

What's involved in keeping it maintained? I think it's a worthwhile
project. I've been using CentOS/axp as a test machine for a bit, and it's
nicely solid.

I'm not sure how much time I've really got right now for side projects,
but I'd certainly like to discuss keeping CentOS alive on the Alpha if
anyone else is.

And hey - how's life, Robin? Didn't expect to see your name pop up in my
mail.