Qlogic 1280 driver blues

Jon_norstog AKA "Thursday" thursday at allidaho.com
Thu Mar 23 03:29:59 UTC 2006

To the list:

I managed to DL AC2, got it all from the swiss(?) mirror site
alphahome.something.  Anyway checksum was OK, I burned it on a windows
box at work 48X.  It would hardly read on an IDE CDrom drive.  I swapped
out to a SCSI CDrom and got the install as far as the 1280 driver, where
it would hang.  PWS500 and XP-667, same both.

I went back and burned CD#1 at 8x.  In the XP it got to the 1280 driver
again and hung, I went to work in the kitchen, when I got back it had
moved past to where it asks for the source of the install .. CDrom, NFS,
etc. ... I hit OK and it said there was no CDrom device detected.

Looks top me like there is an issue with the Qlogic SCSI driver, at
least the one I downloaded.  I might swap back to an IDE CDrom and see
what happens.

Anyone else see this?

jn