Alpha Core Testing Repository

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Fri Apr 6 10:29:48 UTC 2007

Mike Barnes wrote:
> On 06/04/2007, at 7:46 PM, Steven Moix wrote:
>> It works, but I had to manually enter "3" instead of $releasever in
>> the baseurl. $releasever returns 5.
>> It would also be a good idea to include gaim in the updates as I
>> mentioned on the list before.
>
> Ah, yes - that was previously discussed on this list. Because Alpha
> Core 3 == Fedora Core 5, and Alpha Core 3 ships with the
> "fedora-release" package, the distro by default thinks it is version 5.
>
> There's an "alphacore-release" package in updates that obsoletes
> "fedora-release" and makes $releasever work as expected. However, you
> need to manually install that or override the yum config like you did
> first. Catch-22 at its finest, really.
>
> More packages are indeed coming, the set there is mainly just to test
> the build process. Then there's the issue of what to do when FC5
> updates stop coming out in a couple of months, now there's no Fedora
> Legacy to feed from. I might push out a 3.1 around that time if I get
> a chance, but we'll see how the AC4/FC7 situation looks first.
As for AC4/FC7 - there are number of packages are build from FC7. As
always they are available at "devel" repo at rdsor.ro.
The major part was new glibc/binutils/gcc package that were done by
Cristian. I am a little bit busy with my work now, so I slowed down
building the rest of packages.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov