Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Mon Dec 3 01:26:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 17:00 -0500, bob smith wrote:
> The message from 6/21, cited below, had kept me very quiet for about 6
> months.
> I check every once in a bit to see if there is a  release for alpha.
> I see the release of F8,
> in nov 07, but I don't see a release for alpha.
> Is there a status update? has the mail list burped and I missed the
> announcement?
> last list note I have, other than the usual mailman note, is the
> lm-sensers on a ds20 note
> of 11/29. So, I think I am geting the feeds.
> thanks for any update info!
> bob

Bob, & list,

You are not the only one waiting.  Even more than a new release of
fedora, though, I would like to see Open Office for Alpha, or at least
the tools so I could build it myself.

Last 5 months I was using FC6 on a 64-bit PC. It works quite well and is
miles beyond Windows XP-64, such a lead that MS will probably never
catch up.

But the PC got sick so I'm back to using my XP1000 as my main 'puter.
An office suite would really be nice.

Later

jn