Alpha Core 3 is available

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri Mar 9 10:20:43 UTC 2007

Am 2007-03-08 22:14, Mike Barnes schrieb:
> Carl Lowenstein wrote:
>> A similar request:  is there a list of YUM repositories?
[ ... ]
> See: http://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/3/os/
>
> I'd suggest a yum.conf structure like;
>
>     [base]
>     name=Alpha Core $releasever - Base
>     baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/os
>     enabled=1
>
>     [updates]
>     name=Alpha Core $releasever - Updates
>     baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/updates
>     enabled=0
>
>     [extras]
>     name=Alpha Core $releasever - Extras
>     baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/extras
>     enabled=0

Maybe use mirrorlist instead? We could distribute it with the new
alphacore-release and manage the mirrorlist in a central point. Everyone
who has a mirror could be added to the list then...

> I can't see any reason to use $basearch directories. :)
>
> The last two would need to be disabled right now, as they don't exist,
> but I'll see if I can create empty placeholder repos soon.

Do you use mrepo for this? It's easy to use and I already sent the
author some alpha-specific patches; Means, it should work out of the
box. :-)

[ ... ]

> Is anyone looking into tracking Fedora Core's released updates? I'm
> planning on a little "extras" repository myself, like I've got running
> for CentOS/Alpha, where if I build something like VLC I'll pop it in
> there for others.

That's a good idea. However, that's exactly the reason why I want alpha
as a secondary arch for Fedora. We could manage everything from one
central point...

> When / if Cristian can arrange rsync access to the primary FTP site,
> I'll start tracking the development tree and everything else he's got.

You can do this with mrepo :-) I also supports lftp and you can mirror
rdsor over ftp, but it's slow and sometimes hangs... That's why I wanted
rsync...

> Oh, and rsync should be active on ftp.alphacore.info itself in a few hours.

Tested, works. :-)

-of