Alpha Core Development

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Tue Mar 13 12:42:03 UTC 2007

On 13/03/2007, at 8:12 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Is there any CVS available at the moment? I mean for the -axp-
> related builds specfiles/patches!?

As an aside from Cristian's comments - I'm currently looking at use
either CVS or SVN for checking in my "extras" packages, and possibly
updates. There are a lot of tools out there that have been developed
to make repository and package management easier, and I'm exploring
them.

If anyone would _like_ CVS or SVN space for anything Alpha-related, I
can provide it quite easily. Email me off-list and we can talk about it.

Also, if anyone's been particularly observant, you may have noticed
the first package update has appeared for AC3, mainly as a result of
testing the build environment.

Updates will be signed with this key: http://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/
core/3/os/RPM-GPG-KEY-ac-updates

The first update is the avahi packages. It's complex enough to show
up issues in the build system, and (probably) not so mission-critical
to anyone that breakage will render anything unusable. Please
consider enabling the updates repository in your yum config, and
letting me know if there are issues with the process.