Alpha Core 3 on XP 1000

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Tue Mar 13 14:35:22 UTC 2007

To the list:

I downloaded AC3 last weeek, md5sums OK, etc and burned the disks.  Couldn't
get them to work on either an xp1000/EV67 or a PWS600. The graphic installer
hangs at various places ... i changed CD drives on the XP, some improvement.
Burned a new set of CDs on a better machine, still can't run the install.

The installer hangs especially when it starts the install, but other problems
rise when you get to the point of choosing install packages.  No list of
programs or packages comes up.  Etc. Etc.

I got the setup from ftp.alphacore.info, I assume its good, atleast the
MD5sums are OK.

I know the distro was built on a PWS and it should run like clockwork.  I will
try a text install toningt and see if things work better ..

later

jn

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)