Alpha Core 3

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sat Mar 17 16:01:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 02:26:18PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> > > I remember tracing that a long time ago).
> > > The -p and -i is handled by "uname" and have some altering code for
> > > other arches. I'll install modified version of uname and see how other
> > > programs would like the new output. :)
> > >
> > Let us know!
> So far, no problems for my usual build procedures.

This (building) is BY FAR my biggest concern about changing ANY of the
entries returned by "uname -mpi".

There's so much perl and python and sh and whatnot code out there that
expects certain things for "uname -m", abd possibly both of the
others, that I'm very fearful of the impact of changes... :-(

I guess it's prolly gonna be "try it and see" time... ;-}

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com