looking for some software

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 19 11:03:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Maurice Hilarius wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I am looking for the source codes of the Compaq Professional Linux
> Developer's software used on Alpha Linux -- Redhat 7.2.
>
> Specifically:
>
> ccc-6.5.6-002.src.rpm
>
> cfal-1.2.0-3.src.rpm
>
> cfalrtl-1.2.0-3.src.rpm
>
> cpml_ev6-5.1.0-2.src.rpm
>
> cxml_ev6-5.2.0-1.src.rpm
>
> cxx-6.5.9.27-1.src.rpm
>
> ladebug-4.0.65-19.src.rpm
>
> libots-2.2.7-2.src.rpm

Maurice,

I seriously doubt that Digi-Paq ever released the actual sources for their
crown jewels.  In the past, I've seen things called 'src' RPMs that were
actually a framework for packaging binary-only applications for ease of
installation (older Netscape comes to mind).  I have several versions of
the Linux ccc and cxxx compilers floating around, but all of them came
from Digi-Paq as plain, old RPM.

Steve