looking for some software

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Wed Mar 21 16:14:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:02:31AM -0600, heviarti at puresimplicity.net wrote:

>  I'm pretty sure i have these on my axppci33, but they're rpm.crypt, and i
> have not yet met anyone who knows any way to do anything with these type
> of files.  comcraq supplied them that way without any instructions on how
> to deal with rpm.crypt.  I can dig them out if you need.  I got them
> under debian, and it seems they always lose crtbegin.o and crtend.o after
> anything is done with apt-get. Needless to say, I really don't like
> debian.

Here's the download page for the binaries:

    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/linuxdevtools/latest/downloads.html

Some of the versions pointed to are a bit later than those listed before.

Instructions for decrypting are also given.

Unfortunately, the other links on the page, including how to apply for an
Enthusiast License, are broken, and AFAIK, none are currently responsible
for handing out the key. I am investigating.

And yes, NO srpms of this stuff were ever released.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com