Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement

Carl Lowenstein carl.lowenstein at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 18:02:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
>  After an almost interminable wait (:-), the most recent
>  final release candidate for our own Fedora 8-based distro
>  for Alpha is now available at:
>
>   http://buildsys.zero42.at/iso/Fedora-20080404-alpha-CD.iso
 . . .

>  Additional information about the build system, repositories,
>  current state of our Fedora 9 for Alpha testing, etc, are on:
>
>   http://buildsys.zero42.at/
. . .

Minor nitpick.  The embedded checksum in the ISO image seems not to
pass the mediacheck test as implemented in
anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5.

On the other hand, the whole image passes when tested against
MD5SUM.Fedora-20080404-alpha-CD as found among the "additional
information".

I don't remember whether I have previously tested the Alpha ISO images
using "checkisomd5".  Now I have to find the time to visit and update
my DS10.

    carl
--
 carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
 clowenstein at ucsd.edu