Are smolt/dbus working well?

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sat Apr 26 22:06:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I haven't seen a problem on my machine (DS15) with the updated
dbus-daemon starting and continuing to run.

In fact, I've just run smoltSendProfile both inside a firewall
and outside, with no (obvious) problems.

I've got a working "hal" update that gets rid of its unaligned
accesses; maybe that will help with speeding up its startup.
It should be available in the next couple of days (I'm going
to upload it later tonight if testing goes OK).

If there's any way to get more verbose output logged from dbus
or hal, it might help track your problem down...

Good luck.

--Jay++