Broken dbus

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Sun Apr 27 08:09:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

The messagebus service seems to work fine on its own, I mean that if you
run "service messagebus start" it starts. If you run "service messagebus
status" you see it running, ad eternum.

What happens is that as soon as you run "service haldaemon start",
messagebus seems to die horribly. I have no clue why, but then you have
to remove the /var/run/messagebus.pid manually to get it running again.

This is the reason why our boot is so slow Kazuyoshi, haldaemon starts
after messagebus in the boot order, kills messagebus and then waits for
a timeout.

PS: What are "unaligned accesses"?