Current ISO images status

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Sat Dec 13 20:20:13 UTC 2008

Steven Moix schrieb:
> On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 10:17 -0500, Jay Estabrook wrote:
>> Couple of thoughts:
>>
>> 1. BEFORE I reboot after the install, while at the "...complete: reboot?"
>>    screen, I toggle over to VC2 (Alt-F2) and do:
>>
>>  vi /mnt/sysimage/etc/aboot.conf
>>
>>    replacing the "rhgb quiet" with "selinux=off"
>>
>>   as I don't trust/want/need selinux getting in the way.
>>
>> 2. I don't often use the default LVM auto-partitioning magic on the disks,
>>    and can't say I've tested it much under this new FC9. Perhaps that is
>>    getting in the way; I normally use just 2 hard partitions, ie 1 for swap
>>    and 1 for everything else, and find it possible again to toggle over to
>>    VC2 just BEFORE it asks for disk setup, and at the shell prompt, use
>>    "fdisk" to do the work. This mostly works, except when exiting "fdisk"
>>    you get a message saying that the kernel did NOT re-scan correctly, and
>>    then you need to restart the install from scratch. If that message does
>>    NOT appear, just continue on, and the partitioning screen ought to see
>>    what was just done.
>
> Hahaa, it works perfectly with the selinux=off parameter set...it was
> causing all the trouble. Can't you disable it by default?

In the last ISO, it was disabled by default. In the next ISO release we
really should
a) either fix it (best solution)
b) at least document how to work around it

Also you could boot it with the additional flags after installation and
then disabled it via your preferred editor.

Last time, I installed AS4100 via serial console - where you can't
switch to another console (or I don't know it) and then - back to SRM, I
added the appropriate flags and started the machine without any problem...

Best,
  Oliver