My lucky day

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Jan 29 17:19:47 UTC 2008

Hi Jay,

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:21:29 -0500, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> Might be worth trying the latest test ISO for Fedora 8 on Alpha... :-)
>
> Look at:
>
>     http://buildsys.zero42.at/iso/

I'm trying to get this going on an ES40 machine here (which might have
some problems: one of the 3 PSU seems dead, but otherwise things look
fine).  Anyway, I burned the iso image on a CD and started a boot
process:
P000> boot -flags 2 dqa0

which seems to boot fine, but when I get to the first Fedora screen
that asks if I want to test the media: I can't use the keyboard.
Looking closely at the kernel boot messages as they fly by, I seem to
see a line that reads somewhat like so:
atkbd.c: keyboard initialization failed isa0060/serio1
or some such...

Does that ring a bell to anyone ?  I tried a couple different keyboards
(including a very old AT one with the AT/PS2 adapter) and things remain
the same.  I also tried to attach an USB keyboard to the USB ports
available on that machine, but it doesn't seem to help either...

Any hints ?

TIA,
					Christian