My lucky day, again: UP2000+

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Thu Jan 24 05:46:50 UTC 2008

Hola!

 Jay eMailed me some hints off-list, also there were some earlier posts
about fc8 Alpha.

A little mucking 'round in the raw devices and I found the CDrom -
mounted it and located the SMP kernel down in the "Packages."  RPM put
it into the /boot directory, right where I needed it and it was a simple
matter to add a line to aboot.conf.

The SMP kernel is noticeably faster than the single CPU version and
seems stable, so far.  Haven't really put a load on it, probably won't
until I get Grass running on the machine.

The SRM recognizes a USB pen drive as "dva0" - sees it as a floppy, I
guess.  Perhaps it will make it into a device file and even mount in
fc8?

I want to get as much done as possible before the weather warms up -
right now the UP2000 really keeps my study pleasantly warm.

later

jn

"Thursday"