the differences between 2 and 8and more

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 20 18:18:40 UTC 2008

I am still experimenting, I have a couple of questions  about the diffs
between
AC2 and FC8 on alpha.

FC8 does not seem to want to bring up X on my DS10 with 7500 card.
AC2 does successfully - it does not recognize my dell p1110 monitor, but
that is eacy to set.

FC8 aboot seems to be different from AC2 - fc8 aboot tells me it does not
understand the compression type used with AC2.

is there going to be a new ISO generted for FC 8 or will it wait til 9
or   10?

I have rolled back to ac2 for now, till I figure out what I have done
wrong with
my mail server setup. I have been able to hose it up nicely - can send
anywhere,
can receive within the box, but can't receive from anyone else.
Something I did,
will work through it, and get it right.

thanks
bob