Max. memory on 164LX

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Sun May 4 16:24:10 UTC 2008

John Grzesiak wrote:

> OK well my system is not going to be any judge at all. Mine does not
> recognize
> any 256MB modules ECC/ECC-REG/NON-ECC .... nothing at all. The only
> thing I did
> not try was buffered-EDO...
>
> Must be an older DEC heritage board...

It has little to do with that.
The tricky things are:
100MHz, Registered  ECC memory.
Faster will not likely work.
The memory clock o this board is actually 83MHz.

Specific layout using certain qty and type of chips.
Basically this type is not made any more.

I do not know if they still have RAM for the LX, but these guys were
selling/scrapping lots of old Alpha machines:

Island Computers US Corporation
2700 Gregory Street
Suite 180
Savannah GA 31404
http://www.islandco.com/
Tel: 912 786 8501

www.islandco.com

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/