gnome installation problem

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sun Nov 2 20:38:04 UTC 2008

Hi, Alexey,

Do you have Xorg running on just the Permedia-2, or does the Matrox
work as well?  I tested that before I fixed a problem with the Xorg
BIOS emulation, and didn't try it afterward...

I had some initial trouble installing on my SX164 - lots of "bread"
problems doing squashfs off the CD, for some reason. Is that the
problem you ran into using the IDE CDROM? I solved it by using a
different IDE CDROM - a Lite-On 40x, as opposed to the Toshiba XM-6302B
which had the trouble. Perhaps you have a spare one not the same maker?

The Cypress IDE driver which is needed on SX164, is being built and used by
the installer and installed kernels (they are the same). It is the same
one that is used on DS20 and XP1000 (maybe MIATA/PWS as well?), and I've
not seen any problems with the testing on those machines.

Good luck.

--Jay++