gnome installation problem

Alexey Chupahin alex_vms at gawab.com
Mon Nov 3 17:36:18 UTC 2008

Hi!
thanks for a good and hard work,
X11 during installation process still is corrupted, screen is
noisy. But after installation in text mode, X11 works good on
164SX  with Matrox.  I not test it on DS10L with Permedia yet,
because I use it mostly with OpenVMS and I need it  for a few
next days. But I'm sure it works both.
About Cypress chipset, I find pata_cypress module in
/lib/modules tree, so it seems I need to switch to another
console, type modprobe pata_cypress then continue installation.

regards,
Alexey