searching for a wide alpha cpu heatsink

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at sbg.ac.at
Wed Nov 12 17:18:11 UTC 2008

Maurice Hilarius wrote:
> Marc Schlensog wrote:
>> I hope the Slot B module is broken? Otherwise it would be a terrible
>> waste... (especially for something as puny as an LX...)
>>
>> Marc
>>

> Nope. It is new and functioning.
> It has been sitting in our inventory, and collecting dust, since 2003,
> with no likely target market for it.
> On paper it is worth $1,500
>
> Indeed sad, but that is the way it goes..
>
> --
> With our best regards,
>
> //Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
> /Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
> /11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
> /Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
> /     T5X 1Y3/
> /
if the only worry is that the module should be used, that's no problem.
i believe i have a mother board where the cpu module itself should fit
(264dp).
this board was never used by me, because i had no cpu ;)
on that machine noise isn't a concern, so i will attach a heatsink from
a e.g. AS2000 that i have, and compensate the rest with the strongest
fan known to mankind.

that results in:
* one silent 164lx
* one ready-to-go 264dp.