[OT,Wanted] Willing to adopt a modestly sized Alpha computer into a caring home

Juhana Helovuo juhe at iki.fi
Wed Sep 24 10:22:19 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I am looking for a modestly-sized Alpha computer for adoption into a
caring home in Finland.

By "modestly-sized" I mean something that is not too heavy to lift by
one computer geek, and consumes only a moderate amount of power.
Examples of such systems are XP900, XP1000, DS10(L), DS15A, and systems
based on UP1000/1500/2000 -motherboards.

I am willing to pay some compensation for your trouble and shipping
costs inside EU.

We expect that we can provide nice living conditions for the machine: a
clean and cool server room location, stable 230V 50Hz AC, brand new
disks, an up-to-date Debian installation, and an active life in the
hands of computer hobbyists as long as it can run reliably.

In case you have such a computer in your possession and are willing to
part from it, please contact me.

Juhana Helovuo
juhe at iki.fi