Trying to gauge usage of a possible AlphaLinux.org Forum

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Tue Jan 13 23:27:04 UTC 2009

Steven Moix <steven.moix at axianet.ch> writes:

> Hi Matt,
>
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 16:24 -0500, Matt Turner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Among other things, I've been tossing the idea of a Forum for AlphaLinux.org.
>>
>> It would provide a central location for Alpha discussion.
>>
>> Would you use it?
>>
>> Ideas and suggestions requested.
>
> As I already told you on IRC, I wouldn't use it for the simple reason
> that we already have this mailinglist and IRC. Seems like another
> information dispersion to me. Let's face it, people still interested in
> Alpha are geeks who know how to use IRC :) Don't you think?

I will not use a web-forum, ever.  I won't stop you setting one up,
but I will not read it, and certainly not post anything there.  I just
cannot stand the cumbersome, featureless interfaces of those things.

Mailing lists are perfectly adequate, nicely complemented by the more
direct, informal medium of IRC.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com