Minifridge

heviarti at puresimplicity.net heviarti at puresimplicity.net
Thu Aug 26 04:57:00 UTC 2010

Huh? I don't see how I'm an animal....  Nobody here has seen me running around my yard naked with the double-barrel in the morning.  ...I hope.

  It's no surprise to me Abertson's stuff went down. The self checkout machines are based on NT. I have a very low opinion of NT, because I had an NT machine. It lasted six hours, and only spent two running. I installed it, I pulled my one and only IDE CD-ROM (an 8x Goldstar) and put it back in my linux box, took it to work and set it up... Booted...  Fatal blue screen. Never ran NT again. The Cash registers here are IBM, but as much as they fail I don't believe there is a 6k backin' 'em up.

    Never tried NT on an Alpha, though I did have a friend that had 5.0 beta with the Alpha install. He had the intel installed on DEC hardware... A DECPC 466MTE with one of those 133 overdrives in it. We ran Lithium server on it. It was terribly slow. He used to call himself 'AlphaNT'.... Never mind I told him what an Alpha was. The year had more than one '9' in it.