DEC TLZ10 installed in ES40

Marc Schlensog mschlens at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 15:15:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:51:32 -0500
"William E. Bohrer" <bohrer1 at hughes.net> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The ES40 I bought on eBay happened to arrive with a TLZ 10 installed.
>
> To this point, Red Hat Linux 7.2 is installed on the ES40 and it is
> up and running the apps I need (running them well and quickly).  To
> date I have been backing up via network, but that is becoming time
> consuming.
>
> The few references to the TLZ 10 I have found in print suggest that
> it is not easy/straight forward to use in on a Linux equipped
> machine . . . does any body have experience or knowledge in this area?
>
> Comments?

Hmm... get one of the HP NC7771 GbE NICs off of ebay (I got one for
1EUR) and reflash it to identify itself as a DEGPA-TX[1] and enjoy the
increased network speed? That'd probably the simplest option and one
which provides a seamless upgrade path to your existing solution. And
it'd be faster than using the TLZ10 too.

If you want to go that path and need help, I should be able to provide
you additional information/missing bits.

b.r.,

Marc

[1] http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/GbE-mod.html