Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails

Carl Lowenstein carl.lowenstein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:11:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM, William E. Bohrer <bohrer1 at hughes.net> wrote:
> Hello Matt!
>
> I have several canabalized DS10L's that are equipped with ears that allow
> them to be mounted in an EIA Standard 19 inch rack.  If these ears will meet
> your requirement; it will be the work of moments to remove them from the
> empty chassis and ship two pairs of ears (plus hardware) to any location
> where you need them.
>
> The first time I attempted to send a digital image of the ears (quite sturdy
> items) but some mail server rejected that effort.
> Please let me know if you want them.

I think that if you look carefully you will see that the ears can not
supply the torque necessary to support the weight of the DS10L box
from the front.  They are just retaining devices to keep it from
slipping off the horizontal shelf bracket that mounts to the rack.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenstein at ucsd.edu