Looking for two pairs of DS10L rails

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:42:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Carl Lowenstein
<carl.lowenstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM, William E. Bohrer <bohrer1 at hughes.net> wrote:
>> Hello Matt!
>>
>> I have several canabalized DS10L's that are equipped with ears that allow
>> them to be mounted in an EIA Standard 19 inch rack.  If these ears will meet
>> your requirement; it will be the work of moments to remove them from the
>> empty chassis and ship two pairs of ears (plus hardware) to any location
>> where you need them.
>>
>> The first time I attempted to send a digital image of the ears (quite sturdy
>> items) but some mail server rejected that effort.
>> Please let me know if you want them.
>
> I think that if you look carefully you will see that the ears can not
> supply the torque necessary to support the weight of the DS10L box
> from the front.  They are just retaining devices to keep it from
> slipping off the horizontal shelf bracket that mounts to the rack.
>
>    carl
> --
>     carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
>                                                  clowenstein at ucsd.edu

(Replied to Bill off-list already)

Hmm. Maybe I need some pictures of this hardware before we proceed.

I'm a little unclear whether these are full rails, or something for
securing the DS10L when it's already sitting on a shelf. Maybe the
latter would be suitable as well.

Matt