Filling out PDF forms?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Apr 7 23:40:25 UTC 2004

This may be an instance in which sed the stream editor could be used to
help out.  A script could be written to locate questions that haven't been
answered and print the question out on a linux box then take input from
the terminal to answer that question and write the answer on a form.tmp
file along with its question.  The sed application would have to be run
multiple times once to answer each question but that might get better than
the average answers put on that form.  I am a member of sed-users over on
yahoogroups.com so can write and ask the list a question or two.  I'll let
you know what comes back.  By the way, those sed scripts could then be
used on any platform that runs sed to fill out word forms on whatever
platform is available and desired.  You wouldn't need windows for that
anymore.