After Fedora installation?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 21 01:25:35 UTC 2004

[quoted lines by Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson on 2004/04/21 at 11:07 +1000]

>when I boot it up, log in and type brltty, nothing happens. I've tried brltty
>-al -fr, but still nothing happens.

I assume you intended -al to cause the Alva driver to be used. While it's true
that al is the code for the Alva driver, you need to specify it as an operand
to the -b option. In other words, specify:

    brltty -b al

Type brltty -h to get help on all the options which you can specify.

Check out the file /etc/brltty.conf if you want to set system-wide run-time
defaults so that you don't need to always specify the options.

http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/