QNX

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 21 21:39:55 UTC 2004

[quoted lines by David Renstrom on 2004/08/21 at 12:45]

>Has anyone successfully been able to run BRLTTY
>under QNX?  We're supposed to use QNX at the university this fall,
>but I've never tried  BRLTTY under anything else than Linux before.

I haven't heard of that having been done before. That being said, BRLTTY should
build fairly easily on QNX since its source code is quite portable. There'll
likely be one big restriction, though, i.e. it'll most likely need to be used
together with the screen program (for which we supply a patch) since QNX
probably doesn't have an equivalent to Linux's vcs devices (which are used to
directly inspect the screen content). I don't have access to a QNX system to
check things out ahead of time. I'd be glad, however, to work with you and/or
someone from the university in order to ensure that BRLTTY will run within
their environment.

http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/