QNX

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Sun Aug 22 15:12:28 UTC 2004

Hi Dave,

Ok, we'll see how this will work. We haven't begun this semester yet, so
I'll probably be back with questions then. Thanks.

Regards,
/David R.
At 17:39 2004-08-21 -0400, you wrote:
>[quoted lines by David Renstrom on 2004/08/21 at 12:45]
>
> >Has anyone successfully been able to run BRLTTY
> >under QNX?  We're supposed to use QNX at the university this fall,
> >but I've never tried  BRLTTY under anything else than Linux before.
>
>I haven't heard of that having been done before. That being said, BRLTTY
>should
>build fairly easily on QNX since its source code is quite portable. There'll
>likely be one big restriction, though, i.e. it'll most likely need to be used
>together with the screen program (for which we supply a patch) since QNX
>probably doesn't have an equivalent to Linux's vcs devices (which are used to
>directly inspect the screen content). I don't have access to a QNX system to
>check things out ahead of time. I'd be glad, however, to work with you and/or
>someone from the university in order to ensure that BRLTTY will run within
>their environment.
>
>--
>Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
>Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | Word of God. Please contact me
>EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
>http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *